A Lot of Laughs Were Had

Saturday, July 2, 2011

I had a wonderful week visiting with my brother, Bennett! It had been a long time since we had a few days just to hang out and not worry about schedules, jobs and the general responsibilities of life!
 
After picking him up from the train in Michigan, we walked around downtown South Bend, Indiana. The Monkees were playing that night, but we ultimately decided to forgo purchasing the quite expensive tickets. Later, we randomly happened on a park with a variety of geese, ducks and other fowl.
 
On Wednesday we visited an Amish town in Indiana called Shipshewana. During the summer they hold a huge flea market with tons of oddities (a giant log house, anyone?) as well as tons of produce and other foodstuffs. I am really glad I had a chance to visit the little town once more before leaving the country.

Overall, it was a great week and I was sad to see my little bro go back home!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you saw the log house. We saw it when we were out in Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Crazy! I didn't know if it actually went on tour or if that was a "selling point." :)

    ReplyDelete