Ain't No Road Too Long

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It has been hard for me to keep focused on my research and writing while undergoing all the changes that have come along with moving to Denmark. I have been a bit down lately, feeling like I will never be able to accomplish it all. I am feeling pretty overwhelmed with all of the things we need to do to stay here, as well as the things I need to do to reach my long-term goals and dreams. In the "buffet" of life, I definitely have way too much on my plate! Though some days it is enough to make me want to hide under the covers, I am determined to keep going. In this spirit, I am reminded of the very wise words of Waylon Jennings and the gang from Sesame Street in a movie that was one of my all-time favorites as a child (and still is) -- Follow That Bird!



Don’t look back; don’t you turn around
Just keep your eye on where you’re bound
and you’re bound to get from here to there
‘cause a dream can take you anywhere!

2 comments:

  1. It's hard living in another country but I think it's worth it. Keep your head up!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, girl. Some big changes may be underfoot -- I'll have to keep ya posted.

    ReplyDelete